Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shellfish alert!



Even though I am allergic to (and a hater of) shellfish, I find myself constantly making it for my husband and our friends, because they love it! Though, I was once intimidated by them and afraid of overcooking them - I'm quite in my element now. Here's an easy little appetizer for you and your friends.





Grilled Shrimp


  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons, hot sauce
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 2 pounds large shrimp, deveined & peeled with tails on

In a medium mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour about 3/4th of the marinade into a large Ziploc bag with the shrimp. Toss the bag around to coat the shrimp and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (2 is better!)

Preheat your grill on medium-low heat. Remove the shrimp from the bag and skewer the shrimp long-ways (through the tail and head, so they're "laying" on the grill). Make sure to throw away the marinade from the bag and only use the "clean" marinade. Oil the grates on the grill (I use olive oil on a paper towel) and cook the shrimp for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked and baste it with the reserve marinade while grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment