Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What says Memorial Day Weekend like a BBQ?


I love to BBQ. Before Mr. Man's parents bought us a grill as a birthday present - I was the lone griller in the house. I weilded the grill tongs like a master, a black belt in proper BBQ etiquette. My dear husband apparently became the master griller the second we bought the grill, but I still marinade, chop, butterfly, and flip my way to burger freedom. To me, meat on the grill with your friends - it doesn't get any better.


Simple Burgers

  • 1lb. ground chuck beef (at least 10% fat - you NEED the fat!)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Mix the spices into the burgers with your hands without overmixing! You want to loosely divide the meat into four burgers (or eight sliders!) that are roughly the same size so they will grill in the same amount of time. Only press the meat together so it forms a burger (do not pack it like a snowball or it will be rough and dry!). Grill on medium heat, flipping only once!

No comments:

Post a Comment