Saturday, May 29, 2010

Better Potato Salad? Just add Bacon!




I love bacon. It's a simple but true fact that I literally eat it daily. Crunched on top of salads, crumbled into my omelets, sometimes stolen right out of the pan as I'm cooking it. It's my bacon-given right as the chef - or so I tell my husband as I steal it all. :) Here's a new twist on a summertime classic - potato salad. Just add the bacon!




Creamy Bacon Potato Salad

  • 5 hardboiled eggs*
  • 4 slices crispy bacon (i prefer the center cut!)
  • 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
  • 3 stalks of celery, minced
  • 2 pounds of small red potatoes
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • salt & pepper

Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to just cover the potatoes completely. Bring them to a boil, cook for 20 minutes and then drain them and let them cool. Peel the eggs, place them in a large bowl and mash them to little bits with a fork. Stir in the celery, mustard, mayo, salt and pepper. When combined, crumble 3 pieces of the crispy bacon into the mayo mixture and set aside.

Chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and stir into the mayo mixture until well coated. Garnish with the rest of the bacon crumbled on top with the parsley. Best cool or at room temperature - let it sit for a bit so the flavors can combine!

No comments:

Post a Comment