- 1 pound of medium strawberries, tops removed & cut in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow peaches - peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour (whole wheat works well too!)
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, chilled & cut into cubes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and set it aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and flour until smooht. Add the strawberries, peaches, and brown sugar. Gently toss until the fruit is coated and then pour the fruit mixture in the prepared pan.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until mixed and then add the butter. Pulse until the butter is about the size of peas. Sprinkle the mixture over the filling and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. (may I suggest some nice vanilla ice cream?)