I tend to eat healthier in the summertime (aside from my love of ice cream), so over the years I've accumulated many recipes for summertime salads. This spicy corn salad is zesty and refreshing all in one!
Spicy Corn Salad
- 1 -14 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups, frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Tabasco or Texas Pete both work well!)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Simply mix everything together and the bowl and let it sit for at least 15 minutes for all the ingredients and flavors to blend together. Tastes delicious chilled or room temperature.