Monday, February 15, 2010

This is why I don't have a blog...

Sorry for the random 8 month delay since my last post. Life has gotten in the way.

Since then:

I've gotten married.
I've gotten laid off.
I went on the world's best honeymoon.
I'm kicking my own butt with Crossfit's challenge.
I have been obsessed with watching the Olympics.
I have been cooking like a fiend.

This post is in the vein of that last point - a recipe for love. I made this for my honey on Valentine's Day - hopefully you'll make it for yours someday. It's worth it.


Tuscan Lemon Chicken
2 large chicken breasts
Salt, as desired
1 T olive oil
1 T. grated lemon zest
2 T lemon juice
3 T minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
Pepper, as desired
Combine all the ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Marinade overnight (highly recommended) or for 8+ hours, turning once.

I highly recommend mixing up the marinade in a bowl then using God's gift to people with small fridges - the Ziploc bag to marinade. Please use the freezer ones so you don't spend two hours scrubbing it out of your fridge. :)

Grill until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees - or if you don't want to rock the grill in these awful temperatures - put it in a clear glass baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees and then check temperature. When juices run clear - you're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment