Thursday, February 25, 2010

I love chicken.




In my house - we eat a lot of chicken, because I love it and I'm the cook! This recipe was born when I was messing around in the kitchen, trying to figure out a way to use up some ingredients while creating something my husband would adore.





Jalapeno-Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 ounces of goat cheese (crumbled)
- one cup of onion, minced
- one minced jalapeno (mostly or entirely deseeded depending on your love of heat)
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon (crumbled)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, stir together the goat cheese, onion, jalapeno and crumbled bacon until combined. Take each chicken breast and butterfly it (cut through the side of the chicken breast until 3/4 the way across - make sure not to cut all the way through!). Open up the breast and fill with 1/4 of the mixed filling. I use toothpicks to 'pin' the chicken breast together so the filling doesn't escape! Finish the other 3 chicken breasts and place all in a 9 x 12 glass baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake for 20 minutes and you're set!

No comments:

Post a Comment