Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Confessions of a Semi-Paleo Eater...


Paleo means: Eat meat, seafood, vegetables, seasonal fruit, good fats such as avocados, nuts – but not in excess. Plenty of olive oil, coconut oil, and coconut milk. Stay away from all processed foods, dairy, grains (yes even whole grains and brown rice), sugar, artificial sweeteners, fruit juice, and starchy foods like white potatoes and beans.
I have to admit - despite my best efforts, I am still not 100% paleo. I still use a bit of half and half in my coffee, if my salad comes with some goat cheese - it's staying on there, and I prefer peanut butter to almond butter, in any situation.


I'm content with that. I'm still 95% better than I was before, and I truly don't believe that a diet Dr. Pepper will make me fat. Is it good for me? Probably not. I'm weaning, but I don't know if I'll ever be 100%.


After the challenge, I fully intend to let myself have a glass of wine here and there. Call a cop.


2 comments:

  1. Good plan - just do me a favor and not turn into one of those paleo nut jobs. I don't want to block you on facebook, but I will :)
    - Clutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! you know where to find a cop too:)

    ReplyDelete