Monday, April 12, 2010

The Real Reason I moved to Texas

I love Shiner Bock. It's 30% of the reason I moved here - with the other remaining 70% going to the hotness that is my dear husband. ;) One of my favorite things in the world is Shiner Bock Beer Bread. When you add in my special honey butter, it's better than finding the perfect shoes, in your size, on sale and then what? You get another 40% off? It's that good.

Shiner Bock Beer Bread

  • 2.5 cups self rising flour
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • 12 ounces of Shiner Bock
  • 1/4 cup, melted butter

Honey Butter

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup honey

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease and flour a 9"x5" baking pan. In a large bowl, mix together the self-rising flour, all purpose flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, onion powder, and italian seasoning until combined. Next, pour in the beer and mix until JUST moistened. Pour into the greased baking dish and top with the melted butter. Bake 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean!

For the honey butter, use room temperature softened butter and mix in the honey until combined. It's easy, and delicious.

Wait anxiously until the bread has cooled off then eat like crazy with honey butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment