Wednesday, April 21, 2010


I apologize for the mini-break I took from posting. Work, garage sale, new car for the hubs, etc sort of took over for a bit! But I'm back with my recipe for Tomatillo Salsa. I'm not generally a fan of the green stuff (guac, tomatillo,etc) but this one with it's hint of spice has got me hooked. I use it sometimes in my Green Chile Chicken enchiladas... but sometimes I just shovel it with a chip.


Tomatillo Salsa


  • 1 small white onion

  • 10 tomatillos (husked)

  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped

  • 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (and deseeded if you want)

  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

  • salt and pepper to taste

In a pan, cover the tomatillos with water and cook over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Lower heat to medium, and simmer until tomatillos soften and begin to burst - about 10 minutes.


Drain tomatillos and place in a food processor (or blender, if you don't own a food processor that will fit them all!) with onion, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro, salt and pepper. Blend until it's how you want it - I blend until almost entirely smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment