Saturday, April 10, 2010

Butter Pound Cake






I have to admit, even though I love to bake - I used to eat Sara Lee Pound Cake (delish!) instead of ever making my own.. until I found this recipe. It's delicious. When I'm feeling lazy (read: Mon - Thurs), I might still be tempted to buy the Sara Lee kind, but this one freezes well sooo... :)



Mama's Butter Pound Cake


- 1 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract


Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour 1 bundt pan and 1 loaf pan (this dish makes enough batter to make both!). In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and combined. Next, add in the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.

Alternate adding in 1 cup of a flour with 1/4 pint of heavy cream, mixing between until all of the flour and cream have been incorporated. Last, add in the vanilla and lemon extract and mix well. Pour the batter into the two pans until each pan is about 2/3 full.

Bake for 1-1.5 hours or until the cake is lightly browned on top and springs back when you touch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment