Monday, February 21, 2011

Mopedy, Mopedy, Mope Mope


Something is off today. I feel like there's several contributing factors but the main feeling of the day is that I want to take my toys and go home.


I had a lovely weekend with my lovely best friend and her ever-so-lovely boyfriend in town. Unfortunately, I celebrated this occasion with a bit too much gluten-filled abandon for someone on a food/exercise challenge. Cheese? Sure! Some red wine? Don't mind if I do! Chips? How much could a few handfuls of chips really hurt?


Turns out - quite a bit. I'm cranky as hell, sleep deprived and my stomach feels like a cement mixer is on high in there. I'm also missing my best friend like crazy already, and disappointed for letting myself jump repeatedly 'off the wagon'.


I will give myself credit for not missing a single workout while they were here and indeed - actually making it to a few extra ones. I didn't cheat at EVERY meal but I did cheat every day. Small victories?


Time to buckle down and finish this challenge strong - 2 weeks left and not that I'm counting, but 30 days until Italy. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. i've found the paleo diet to be self correcting (just like kettlebells)- when you fall off the wagon, and everyone does, you immediately get back on because you really do end up feeling like ass. sorry you're suffering:( at least you're looking cut!

    ReplyDelete