Monday, June 6, 2011

Me vs. Myself

This morning's workout was BRUTAL, especially for those of us who are not a huge fan of putting one foot in front of the other, quickly (AKA running...).

Michael (scaled):
3 rounds
800 meter run
50 GHD situps
50 Hip Extensions

After getting less than 6 hours of sleep (thanks hubs! ;) ) - It was certainly not a workout I wanted to contemplate.

My alarm went off, I cracked open one eyeball - and the negative Nan voice totally kicked in. It went a little something like this:

Nan: Get up? Already? But you're so tired... you'll never be able to do that workout when you're so tired. Go back to bed...


Me: that sounds awesome. Bed. Yes. NO. NO. WAKE UP.

Nan: No, it's totally okay to sleep in and miss your workout. It's running. You hate running. And you're so very tired....

I'll spare you the rest - but I won. :) So there I was, up and at 'em at 5:30am and heading to Crossfit. This will now be referred to as the workout where I beat Nan. I made it through two rounds without walking or stopping to gasp for air on my run, which was amazing! Then came another test... my coach called out that there were 90 seconds left - not enough time to run my last 800 meters. This is where I usually cave. I sit. I relax. Maybe I'll even stretch a little - but I won't submit myself to another run when it won't count.... except today.

Today, I hopped up from my hip extensions - and ran a 400 meter instead. I told Nan to shut it when she was howling with fury, denied the chance to sit and slack instead of running when both legs felt like they had 100lbs attached to them and didn't want to move. Not only did I run - I ran it as fast as I could. It may not have counted on the white board - but it certainly counted inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment